Come and join our Fringe Event - Hope for Human Rights - at the Labour Party Conference 2019.
The event is being hosted by the Labour Campaign for Human Rights and Amnesty International UK.
Date: Monday 23rd September 2019
Time: 1.00 - 2.00pm
Location: Victoria Terrace, The Grand, Brighton
- Matthew Turner (Labour Campaign for Human Rights)
- Kate Allen (Director, Amnesty International UK)
- Baroness Shami Chakrabarti CBE (Shadow Attorney General)
- Harriet Harman QC MP (former Acting Labour Party Leader)
- Kolbassia Haoussou (Freedom from Torture / Survivors Speak OUT).
We will be discussing why human rights in the UK matter, how we can protect them (including in the context of Brexit), what Britain’s role on the global stage should be, and what we in the UK can do to support movements for human rights around the world.
You can find more information here:
We hope to see you there!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS INSIDE THE SECURE ZONE SO YOU WILL NEED A CONFERENCE PASS.