We are asking all of the Leadership and Deputy Leadership Candidates to sign up to our simple Human Rights Pledge with five key commitments:
- Put Human Rights at the Heart of Britain’s Foreign Policy
- Defend the Human Rights Act
- Enshrine Economic and Social Rights into Law
- Rebuilt the Legal Aid System
- Combat All Forms of Racism and Antisemitism in the Party
Human rights are under attack and we believe that it is critical for the next Labour Leadership to be strong defenders of our human rights.
This means developing a human rights-based foreign policy, rebuilding the legal aid system, committing to enshrining economic and social human rights such as food, health, housing and work into domestic law.