In response to the Labour Party's call for National Policy Forum submissions, the Labour Campaign for Human Right have submitted the following document on “Protecting the natural environment after coronavirus”.
- We answer the following fundamental questions:
- What environmental conditions should be attached to government support for business during and after the coronavirus crisis?
- How can national, devolved and local government most effectively redeploy workers to “shovel-ready” green infrastructure projects such as renewables construction, nature conservation and home insulation?
- What economic reforms and fiscal incentives should the government introduce to ensure that the post-crisis economy is a sustainable one?
- What new environmental protections should we be pushing for post-Brexit?
- How can we promote greater sustainability in land use and farming practices?